Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Miasma Cleared

A HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF. The feeling of heavy, depressive, oppressive miasma-like air and tension suddenly cleared. Hallelujah! Please allow me a few days of real relaxation. I feel like punching and shouting to revenge the miasma.

I visited the company (DJ-F) again for the scheduled 10:00 am interview. The manager started by saying that my “test” result was very good. The explanation on the work seemed complicated, providing my head only nebulous ideas. But the talk went amiably and we even gossiped about Rupert Murdoch.

At 6:00 pm, the manager called to inform me that she had decided to hire me. After many months of ordeal, everything happened just in two days. Two eventful days. And it is a record that I wore a jacket and a tie for two consecutive days in Singapore.

Tomorrow, I should bring them the relevant documents, including my passport, for my employment pass application.

A funny thing is that this position is, I believe, very similar to what I applied for back in April and the company “F” never replied. That may be because they were in the midst of reorganization. F used to be a 50-50 JV of R and DJ. This triangle relationship of DJ, R and F. F was quiet when I applied, and R invited me for an interview and turned me down. And today, F, now 100% under DJ, offered me a position…

No comments: