Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Another Translation Job Is Over, and the Vise Is Still Vice

 This afternoon, I delivered another job of translation after overnight work. Overnight after I had been in a half-awake-half-asleep state in bed and then on the sofa for more than half a day, or maybe close to a whole day. This time, it was a set of documents about legal registrations for land and transactions of it in Osaka. I found only a few sentences and many tables. Therefore, it involved not much of sentence construction but much of table making. I have dirtied the tables, moving cells to places where they should not be, and cleaned them up by adjusting font sizes, space between the lines, etc. These documents may be used evetually for a court case as evidence. I cannot be sure because this job came from an agency with which I have been working since I started my own mini company in 2008 and which in many senses, has been functioning as my company’s de facto sales division. My appreciation to the agency.


I should write about my inner self especially when my mind is being squeezed by a heavy, large vise. Or that is what at least some people say, especially when they are related to the psychological and psychiatric fields. This has never worked for me. No doubt, I helps me reflect on the situation I find myself in and try to think about constructive ways to get out of it. Writing only crystalizes my situation and kicks me down deeper into the hole. The clever vise is so incredibly vice.

No comments: