Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Unconscious Relationtions of Books

I've been rereading books I have because I can't afford to buy new ones. I get surprised finding that I don't remember almost nothing written in some of them. I don't even remember the existence of some books. And I get also surprised finding how closely related some are to others.

Katharine Graham's Personal History is, in a different context and closely, related to Sugiyama Takao's メディアの興亡. And Jacques-Marie-Émile Lacan, Jacques Derrida, Martin Heidegger and Ferdinand de Saussure, whoever they are, appear in 文学部唯野教授 by Tsutsui Yasutaka as Lacan, Derrida and Heidegger are mentioned in 日本語を叱る! by Kaganoi Shuichi. Saussure seems to be the title of a book he authored.

日本語を叱る!, published in 2006, addresses issues I've been concerned and unhappy with. I didn't even remember I had this book with me, have read it for that matter (when?), and delighted to discover in a small drawer space in my bedroom and reread it.

No comments: