Monday, March 01, 2010

Rare "Family" Event and Disagreeable Personalities

Thanks to my friends for letting me experience a family atmosphere last night. It was very nice.

*
In the meantime, I have to say that I have recently encountered, disagreeable personalities. One is that can only see materials, objects and more than anything else money. If something does not create money, it must be judged worthless. It is a raw power of money he displays seemingly happily. There is nothing here that even suggests a semblance of culture.
Another is a personality that is so narrowly set that it seems unable to go beyond in terms of gestation and tolerance of pain. It was, may I say, a sight that astounding to me. I am not talking about eating snake meat or live insects. And I am not talking about cutting one’s own limbs. I may be wrong, but any grownup, young and old, sometimes endeavors to try something unfamiliar especially if that is almost universally considered harmless and even tasty.
I am getting tired of these people.

*
Strobe Talbott, later to be a Clinton aide, writes in TIME’s “Man of Decade” issue of January 1, 1990, “[the Soviet] system is such an abomination against basic human aspirations, against human nature…” Was that really so? To me, it seems that there were people who were aspiring to be very human, good human beings against human nature that often drives us to the course of greediness. It is only that the Soviet system was ahead of human spiritual evolution.

No comments: