Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fuck Translation Memory Software

10 Март (среда) 2010
Translation memory software certainly and definitely changes my way of work, adversely. I’ve used only one of them, but I say that it is not a tool for reading and writing/translating. It is only for creating a database for future references. As it impedes my processing of information, naturally the resultant should not be satisfactory, as far as I’m concerned. A problem is that working on whatever that is prepared by this program, it is quite difficult for me to notice how unsatisfactory my work may be because it divides all into individual sentences, which is not the way to process written information. Though the program allows multiple sentences to be connected, I wonder why I have to connect them in the first place by the operation of keys. It is still a pathetically very different thing when I work with it that separates me from a natural flow of reading. Ok, you provide me the original document. And you may say before complaining I should refer to it. What you don’t understand is that it takes me doubly long to complete my work that way. Anyone who designed the product doesn’t seem to have any sense of how the reading process works in the mind. Guys, read more, then you understand.

No comments: