Saturday, March 06, 2010

Is This Some Kind of Friendship??? & Виктор Имантович Алкснис

It seems something I cannot agree to is happening to me. And I’m hoping I’m wrong. I FEEL one of my friends (“P”) has been behaving in a way that I never expected or wished. It may just be the way he speaks in Japanese. But beyond language, the behavior is strange to me, to say the least. Some weeks ago, he “couldn’t wait” for me while I was meeting another friend at a restaurant though he was there too. There was no reason why he had to “wait” for me when there was no secret talk to do between him and me and I didn’t understand why P didn’t join us at our table. I believe that I invited him to join.
A similar thing took place last night. I accidentally learned P was at the same bar through a common friend. I was drinking with three friends. We didn’t arrange any meeting. Nor was the gathering planned. We just came one by one. P was at another table and never joined us though my friends should be familiar faces to him. Then when our moderate boozing session was over and I remained at the table as the last one preparing to leave, P came over to “go home together.” Well, the direction from the bar to our places is the same. Therefore it is economical to ride a same taxi. And P also told me that he came to the bar because “It was Friday when I met last you. And I thought you would come again.” It seems very strongly that he is trying to be ALONE with me. That is so when there is not any kind of reason to be TOGETHER ALONE. He could say straight like “want to join me at such and such place?” A different kind of friendship or something else? I’m truly hoping I’m wrong thinking this way.

*
佐藤優の著作で「黒い大佐」として描かれているラトビア出身のビクトル・アルクスニス空軍大佐が、TIME誌にも登場している。1990年12月31日号の“Broadside from the Right”だ。
“One of the loudest reactionaries in parliament, Air Force Colonel Viktor Alksnis has called for the abolition of the presidency and formation of a National Salvation Committee to restore order.” “Alksnis is a leader of Soyuz, as is a follow colonel named Nikolai Petrushenko: Shevardnadze contemptuously described the pair as “boys… with colonel’s shoulder stripes” (both are in their 40s; Shevardnadze is 62). They have talked wildly of such things as an alleged CIA plot to unite national-front movements from the Black to Baltic Seas into a single anti-Soviet confederation. Soyuz claimed credit for Gorbachev’s sacking of the country’s liberal Interior Minister last month, and brazenly announced that the Foreign Minister was next on its hit list.”

No comments: