Monday, January 19, 2009

Cloudy Mind

An SMS woke me up. It was asking me to deliver the job due this morning. Well, I sent two of the three files on Friday and the remaining one yesterday afternoon. They are in the “Sent” folder of my company e-mail account. I resent the last file again via my company account and went back to sleep (with a bad dream). When I checked my Hotmail Inbox after a few hours, there was one that said they had not received it yet.

I re-resent the last file by Hotmail and it went through. Immediately, I received another e-mail asking me to send the other files too… I duly resent them, by Hotmail. Anyway, one job is complete now.

*
There are two important tasks I need to get done. Important but my mind seems resisting to deal with them. One: find a new place to stay at. Two: prepare the financial documents of October 2007 to September 2008 for the tax filing.

I found three places late last month at a website and sent a message to each one of them. I haven’t received any response from any of them. They must be forgotten. Over this past weekend, I checked a few other websites and no place was appealing or affordable. So tedious.

For the business from October 07 to September 08, I’m directly responsible only for the very last month. Though I understand fully I’m the sole person who is responsible for the business of the company, for the reason above, I’m only quarter-hearted for the task. Tonight, I opened two of the boxes I inherited. There was nothing in there that was relevant for the period.

*
Mysterious patches on my face appear spreading. It’s been a month or more since they started visiting my face. Now the one on the right temple is big and reddish, and more obvious than the other few. Itchiness can be suppressed with an antiseptic cream I got at a neighborhood pharmacy. But it doesn’t seem healing them. And this morning I noticed I have pain just below my right ear. Do they have anything to do with my hair, which has never been longer since 1987? I don’t really know what is happening to me. Mentally, I spent a cloudy day today.

*
I’m now in the “Newspeak” Appendix of “1984.” The story was not as shocking as when I read it many years ago, maybe because I’m now a callous person.

No comments: