Sunday, November 18, 2007

"Naked Lunch" is not Available

I don’t remember exactly at what time I went to bed, but it didn’t take long for me to fall asleep, maybe thanks to two Epilims and a Valium. Valium is not supposed to be taken so late. The doctor’s instruction is take it at 10:00 pm…

When I opened my eyes, it was still before dawn. So I, in an unreasonable mind, took two more Epilims and another Valium. Well it was nice sleep. But when I finally got up, I was feeling drowsy…

*
Right after finishing “Tonight, at the All the Bars in Town (「今夜、すべてのバーで」),” I went to Kinokuniya (Ngee Ann City) to buy “Naked Lunch” by William Burroughs, which was mentioned in Ramo’s book, but the bookstore didn’t have it. Instead, I got some basic Japanese learning materials.

“Tonight, at the All the Bars in Town” is not a joke story. The scenes where Ramo and another patient and then his doctor have ethyl alcohol used to clean dead bodies at the hospital’s mortuary are even shocking…

Perhaps, the he studied this much about addiction is from a similar motivation that makes me learn more about depression.

*
大阪市長選挙で、元毎日放送アナウンサーの平松さんが当選。あの平松さんか。大阪市会には都島選挙区の船場太郎もいる。

*
I don’t know what Chinese religious sect it is, but to me, it often sounds very strange to bring a live band to let it play Chinese popular songs. I understand Chinese funerals are very loud (from the movie “Year of the Dragon”). Though I am very generous and understanding about a Chinese clarinet, then a saxophone, an electric guitar and drums? .

When I die, I don’t want to have that sort of ceremony. And definitely, I don’t want the Soka-style ceremony. I would want my friends to say “Good bye for now” to me and to be cremated and scatter the ashes to the sea so that I could go anywhere in the world.

No comments: