Saturday, May 08, 2010

A Big Task Done & Bitchy Interpreters

I finished a big task yesterday. I may receive a notice soon for another document to submit. But with no good reason, I don’t think it will be required. It takes some weeks to see if the road ahead is clear or blocked.

*
I was reviewing the talk I had last Wednesday, which reinforced my ideas about those “I feel so good because I can speak English better than you” interpreters. They don’t care about the type of work the situations call for. I still believe that so-called simultaneous interpretation is not appropriate where the interpreter, the speaker and the listeners are present in the same room without any barrier of sound. It only annoys the listeners and maybe the speaker too. Just imagine a situation where two different languages are being spoken almost at the same time and how your head processes the information. I found that an interpreter said No to the request not to do simultaneous word-by-word as it was irritating the listener. Which means she was not meeting the need of the client. And interpreters like her, almost all female, don’t care because they can speak English better than you. Bitches, I don’t want to share the same plane with you.

*
Slow online connection is causing inconveniences.

No comments: