Saturday, November 13, 2010

Trados Mischief?

It seems “Trados” is making my PC crazy. Two days ago, it entered its locked mode while I was working on a “Trados TagEditor” file. I’ve never set the mode, or changed if it was set by default. I’ve been using the PC for more than two years and this has never happened before. As “Trados” has history of giving trouble to me and this phenomenon of turning the screen all black happens only when a “Trados” file is open, the main suspect is this program. The locked condition appears in a progressively short interval. Every time the symptom appears, I have to press the power button and the “user icon” displayed to return to the normal condition. After a few cases of this cat-and-mouse, the screen starts turning black even before I hit any single key. “Trados,” I’m blaming you with reason. This program, which supposedly assists my work, is bullshit. It doesn’t care how I read documents and inhibits the natural flow of reading. Is any programmer who understands my mother tongue involved in the program development? Or has there been any meaningful progress for a decade or more?

No comments: