Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Highs and Lows

Highlights of 2009:

On Saturday, May 16, I returned to Japan for a 5-day interpretation work. It was my first time in six years and eight months to stand, sit and walk in my home country. On the very first day of work, May 18, I was asked to be back to Tokyo for another interpretation work, this time for four days, which would start on June 1.

On November 20, I attended a conference as a simultaneous interpreter boxed in a booth. As an experience, I have a dichotomic feeling toward the event. I know I performed better than I, and probably everyone else, had expected. On the other hand, the incredibly and pathetically poor performance by the by-now infamous lady was painful beyond description. She stained the whole conference.

*
韓国大興奮、北海道教組「竹島は韓国領」(産経新聞電子版、抜粋)

韓国の有力紙、朝鮮日報(28、29日付)が東京発で伝えたところによると、北海道教組(日教組系)は昨年11月、機関誌兼学習資料の「北教」で「歴史的事実を冷静に読めば韓国の主張は明確に事実に立脚している。島根県などが竹島領有権を要求する行為は日本の侵略と植民地支配を正当化するきわめて不当な行為だ」と、韓国の立場を支持しているという。

No comments: