Saturday, May 09, 2009

A Letter

Unable to sleep even after dawn, it was definitely frustrating. I guess that the letter that arrived from Japan was affecting my brain. It didn’t contain any news particularly surprising, but then it seems to me to confirm what I had feared from my mother’s stories of two years ago, that is, what I had been constructing slowly and positively in family matters were no more. I don’t understand why things “are made (by whom, I wouldn’t say)” so damagingly complicated. After my next week’s trip, I may not feel any desire or even obligation to go back again, which could effectively close my family relationship.

*
For the past few weeks at the least, I’ve seen flying ants in the unit. I had thought they were coming from outside. No, they are living inside. Yesterday, I saw one of them go into a hole of the windowpane. They should be termites.

*
What’s this metallic aftertaste of “Anchor” beer?

No comments: