Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Help Wanted with Sleep

Bad sleep again. The traffic outside is kind of noisy into the wee hours, but I don’t think it is so loud that it prevents me from sleeping. What is the benefit to be working alone if I have to worry about disturbed sleep? Working alone should give me the freedom to sleep whenever I want to and as long as I like, as far as I meet deadlines. Or simply I’m not used to this place yet.

*
Video editing is not so easy after all. First of all, the timing is slightly different from that of sound, which I don’t understand. Even if I cut and remove the unnecessary parts by going through frame by frame, the result is not as good as I expect. This may be a problem of the particular software that I downloaded.

*
I delivered two jobs today, one of which I got only this afternoon. I had to turn down another enquiry as I didn’t think I could make the deadline, which was 10 am tomorrow. The plate is now cleared. To begin with, it is rare to find well-written originals. In particular, writings done by ad people are quite terrible in most cases. It seems to me that they have no clear idea as to what they write. All nice words and phrases are there. At the same time, they are often frustratingly repetitive. Especially troublesome is when I find multiple words of the same meaning in katakana and kanji.

*
In Japan, if I really go there next month, there would be some people and places I want to visit but have no time to visit all. A few of them are graves.

No comments: