Thursday, March 19, 2009

Feeling Down Here; Last Season of "Abu"

A fumigation work was arranged yesterday, very much likely to be the result of my complaint. Unable to enter the house until 5 pm. Still itchy, why?

Meanwhile, I went to IKEA, where things are much more affordable. Ordered a bookcase, a bed side table and a rocking chair. Some spending, but no choice.

The furniture arrived at about noon today. Assembling the table, I noticed two tiny parts were missing though they didn’t affect the assembly. Why am I so unlucky since I started moving into here? Nothing goes right, at least in the first try. There was neither energy nor time to put together the bookcase. The room is even messier with the chair and the table occupying space.

*
「あぶさん」(62)が引退表明。やっとか。格好悪い飲んだくれが主人公(「あぶぅ、この飲んべが!」)の野球マンガから、家族マンガ「サザエさん」に、そして現実離れした「スーパーマン」へと変身したこの作品。ノムラさんが南海に残ったままで引退したなら、同時に引退してマンガも終わっていたのに。もっと早く、野球マンガのうちに終わってほしかった。

*
Reply from StarHub: “We regret to inform you that we are unable to transfer your Services from your old address to your new address.”

*
One meal a day for the past few days. I don’t feel at home here.

No comments: