Thursday, January 04, 2018

First Real Job This Year


I did absolutely no work on December 31, but resumed my work on the New Year’s Day. I thought about welcoming the new year at the neighborhood bar. But I just stayed home. 

Today (3rd), I had an interpretation job at the coffee shop at the MBS lobby. It was about a project to set up hospitals in Hanoi, Vietnam, especially of ophthalmology. I met two from J&J Vision, SEA commercial director and APACJ marketing director, and an ophthalmologist visiting here from Japan. It was their first meeting for exploring what they would be able to do work together. I can say that the talk went smoothly.

The SEA director said the administrative division had recommended me as interpreter for this occasion and the surgeon seemed to be satisfied with my work because, as he understands and said to me at the end of the meeting, ophthalmological topics are not easy to deal with for interpreters.

I only accidentally started working with ocular people” 8 or 9 years ago. But today, working for people I’d never met before and about topics I’d never worked on, my experience helped.
 
Where are you, Lessie? I'm looking for you. Shame on you.

No comments: