Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Last Week

Last Wednesday, I was thinking about going to the EPSC to collect my new EP card and then on to CC for its anniversary.
When I woke up from my afternoon nap, it was almost 4:00 pm, too late to get in the center which closes at 5:00 pm.
At CC, I saw many familiar faces including HIS. HE seemed to avoid me and if so, I understand why. I think I’ve already had enough of HIM. Every time I see HIM or receive an SMS from HIM, I have a strong temptation to ask about his sexual orientation and tell HIM I do not belong to HIS. I don’t care one’s orientation as far as I’m not his target.
I didn’t drink much that day. But my memory is quite blurry perhaps because I was drinking with a stomach which was almost empty and had a funny cocktail offered to me without asking.
What I remember is that I was down almost unconscious somewhere in this neighborhood and trying to get up. I managed to do so but went down again. Luckily I’m still alive. If it had been in the middle of the road, I could’ve easily been killed by a car.
I don’t know how I was able to reach home. When I realized, I was sleeping beside the fridge.
Thursday, not surprisingly I was not feeling well. I stayed home without going to the center again.
And then Friday, I finally visited the center and picked up my new card. Out of the building, I received a call from my Japanese client who gave me bad news. The project got stuck and it had been decided to postpone the next and critical stage another month.
With the payment schedule already altered and a large amount of translation work coming in the mid October and expected to last until December, it is a big scheduling headache to me. I thought about charging a cancellation fee to the Singapore team which is responsible for paying me but I thought twice because I had not received an official PO therefore giving them a reason not accept my request for a fee. I want to get involved with the team as little as I can. I don’t need any lengthy negotiations.
Also on Friday, I received an email from brother informing how mother had been spending time at her new place. Some tears.

No comments: