Sunday, October 02, 2011

More of "He Became Yakuza" Story

She also told me that he was in bed with a fever for two days last week. And she claims the fever was because of the tattoo work he had gone through. I said, "Anybody can be in bed with a fever for two days." "No! He's never been in bed for as many as two days. It must be because of the tattoo!" I don't deny some people will become feverish after needle works. But it is most unlikely for him, a devotee to music, to allow himself to get connected with disagreeable, almost criminal, people. And she says when she talked to him on the phone, she heard that his current woman, apparently being behind him, was saying, "Put her into a nursing home." I'm far more worried about her capacity of thinking. It does seem to me that she is now living in the world of imagination. I have received "He went missing" calls a few times before and about three years ago, she called me to talk about "your (my) visit of the other day." By "the other day" she meant some recent day. The fact is that I had not met her for about a year then. She couldn't believe it at first but I eventually convinced her that she was wrong. Even when the capacity of reason deteriorates, one's core, tightly held belief may remain intact. If this belief itself is represented with negatives, that is "against something or someone," or a victim mentality, as seems to be my mother's case, the situation will be complicated, of course adversely.

No comments: