Thursday, March 31, 2011

No Gulag Archipelago at Kinokuniya & No Grated Parmesan in Singapore

Another fever-free day. But the pain is still with me. Funnily most of it moved to the other side almost overnight.

I spent about half an hour at an MBS suite to help a 15-minute media interview. And after the work, I went down to Kinokuniya to buy Gulag Archipelago. I’ve seen a three-volume edition at the Russian history section many times before. Alas, Kinokuniya has now only an abridged edition at the section and none at its literature section. Pity. Wondering if I should go home empty handed (I finished Years of Renewal last night), I came across Mokugekisha (目撃者) by Kondo Koichi (近藤紘一). This is an out-of-print work of Kondo, which Kinokuniya revived. Good job, Kino! Please revive his Pari he itta tsuma to musume (パリへ行った妻と娘) too!

Deep respect felt by Dr. Kissinger toward Gerald Ford is unmistaken. Ford became the 40th Vice President of the United States almost accidentally and its 38th President almost accidentally. His do-the-right-thing attitude is refreshing in the world where betrayals and manipulations are the norms.

It seems Kraft’s grated Parmesan cheese has completely disappeared from the domestic market. It’s been this way, I think, for about two months. Why?

No comments: