Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Day 5 in Sai Gon

Day 5, Thursday (15th): Breakfast of two bananas. I didn’t have much time before I had to leave the hotel to catch a 12:30 SIA flight (SQ177).

I left the hotel at around quarter past ten. The metered taxi took me to Tân Sơn Nhất Airport in time, and the driver started almost shouting at me when I was getting out, saying, “Một cái…” The lady passenger who got into the passenger’s seat before I got out translated for me, “another 10,000.” For what? I guessed this was a tip for handling my small suitcase. I didn’t need any trouble. I handed a 10,000-dong bill to him.

Then, I didn’t have to, but I went to the airport restaurant and ordered a mug of Tiger beer and a US$16 (!) “Hue Beef Noodle Soup (Bun Bo Hue)” and quickly finished it. And almost rushed to Gate 15 (I had to wait for a long time for the noodle soup to come to the table). Unlike SQ184 of last Sunday, this fight was packed. I found an Indian guy had occupied my seat, one row wrong. And this concluded my place-finding trip to Sài Gòn, filled with so many cans of beer and bad sleep and much sweating and blisters. Only walking around with no time to appreciate any scenery.
I had to seek help from so many people to find the places I wanted to see, many of which are certainly not tourist spots. And I still have more to see there. This time, I really didn’t have enough time to visit all, as my time was taken up for walking and more walking. Sincere thanks to all who helped me. And FUCK YOU to those who tried to cheat me.

No comments: