Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Last Night at Sara's

Last night, I went to Sara's just to bring some junk food I had bought in Japan, and a few minutes after I sat down at the counter, a young man, an "Australian from Singapore" who "loves" Japan, started talking to me. I found him speaking in not the Australian accent, but he had more like an American one. Definitely not in the Singaporean accent. which I HATE. I found out long time ago that most Singaporeans would not mingle with people who don't speak their (ha! funny) way. They seem to be insisting that it's still English (or some kind of it, ha!). Is this because their inferiority complex? This international city-state is international only on the surface. Nice talk with the young man last night. I appreciate his love for my country. He also says, "Silly" when I mentioned my visa problem. I agreed.

No comments: