Thursday, September 01, 2016

MOM's Approval: Short-lived Elation

On 29th, a message came from MOM, telling that they were
still reviewing my EP renewal application. The title said,
“We are still working on your appeal.” And “We know this
appeal is important to you… We will make every effort to
get back to you within the next 3 weeks.” They know the
importance but still need three weeks…
 
And this afternoon, I received another message this time
to notify that they had approved my appeal. I WAS ELATED
only momentarily. Going into the MOM website, I printed
the approval letter. My second look at the letter found
that they had given me only 12 months. “You are not
welcome any more” is loud and clear. A year doesn’t give
me much time to think about the future. At this moment,
my thinking is that I’ll apply for PR status – for the
third time. But I shouldn’t expect a positive result given
the two negatives and the government’s overall stance
toward foreigners. I am still feeling daunted.
 
Next week, work in Tokyo, though I have only looked at
part of the agenda very cursorily last night. I hope this
work will go smoothly and let me forget about all those
terrible things.
 
I will open a bottle of rose now. I don’t know if this is
going to be for celebrating my extended life here or
feeling further down.
 
I’ve been VERY busy with work for the last 10 days or so.
No exercise at all.
 
Alcohol intake record:
August 25 (Thu.) – 31 (Wed.): none

No comments: