Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Last Sunday at CC and Toilet Repair



Both Miss Chilli Padi and Miss Actress pronounce “prior” as “piror” and “deTERmine” as “DEtermine.”

***
Last Sunday, I went to CC partly to pass the staff there two bags of snacks I got in Tokyo. Because it was a Formula 1 day, I expected HIM to be there. I could see HIM inside watching the car racing TV program and I intentionally placed myself at the outside counter. After the race ended, HE was standing for a while at the entrance step as if looking for something or someone. I thought HE had left and then HE came to me from behind in a way that seemed hesitant or sneaky. Jobless for a year, HE looked rather sick. Inevitably out talk turned to HIS job search and I was quite impatient listening to HIS story. For the past year, HE says HE has been hoping a HE would be able to find a better-paid position. I told him essentially that HE did not have such a luxury any more. HE was almost in tears, and as HE left CC HE asked me about my marriage plan. It seems that is HIS concern. Give me a break.




***
And yesterday an old couple came to this place to repair the leaking toilet. The man opened the tank cover and said holding the flush valve, “Spoiled. Change.” No way. Water was seeping out of the bottom of the toilet bowl and the valve had nothing to do with the problem. As soon as I said so, he gave up cheating me. Then it was a major operation as the man moved the whole bowl away from the joint. Literally shitty work. He used a few tools but basically it was bare-hand work.   
 

No comments: