Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ozawa: Back on Stage, Not Wet Enough Here + Surprising Work Inquiry

Some days ago, Seiji Ozawa came back in New York. In September, he had conducted in Matsumoto, his very first appearance since a cancer surgery. Judging from the headlines, the interest of the Japanese media seems to be how many minutes he conducts, seven in Matsumoto, 40 and 90 in New York. This is certainly not the way that anyone who appreciates music sees it. The impression that those headlines may imply is that shorter pieces are of less importance.

*
On Tuesday, I went to a Tiong Bahru clinic because of a skin trouble. I had the same problem, caused by fungus, more than a year ago. I met the same doctor, who asked me if I had travelled to any wet country. I told him that I had been staying here all along with no overseas trip. Hmmm, he thinks this country is not humid enough.

*
And late Friday afternoon, I received an inquiry by e-mail about an interpretation job. The person got my contact through a TV station bureau I had worked with before. The job is about a 3D editing work, scheduled in early next month, for recorded concerts of a, perhaps the, preeminent orchestra! And one of the pieces recorded was Mahler’s No. 1 Symphony!! I quickly prepared a quote for his consideration, and within two hours, the job was confirmed!!! I felt all my hair stood up with excitement.

No comments: