Tuesday, February 24, 2009

More Work

On Friday, Miss Q came and insisted, to my objection, on “seeing” my old new place. Her unreasonableness is far beyond my comprehension. She can’t do any heavy work but seems to have lots of opinion. Two rounds.

Yesterday, going down in the elevator to move some more stuff, I met an old man whom I’d never seen before. He said, “You, Army yah?” To my blank stare, he repeated, “You, Army yah?” Then, I understood what he meant. “No.” “I tot you in Army having many things.” “I’m moving outta here.” “Oh, selling out.” “No, I’m just a tenant.” Do I look that young to go into the army, even as a reservist?

Went for a haircut, my first time in half a year, but “he” was not there. It didn’t have to be “he,” but I was told to come again today.

Today, I thought about the best itinerary to visit a few places. My plan was to move even more things to Neil Road, go to MOM for my address change, a haircut and clinic as Cymbalta had run out.

I left Neil Road after laundry, and stepped outside, it had begun raining. At MOM, it was only that a strip, on which my new address was written by hand, was placed over my EP card. I hope they will update my info, though I feel uncomfortable to let the government know much about me. At the hair salon, “he” was busy with some customers and I reserved my turn at 6 pm. In the meantime, I went to Bukit Timah by a taxi to get a new prescription. It is always nice to see my doctor. Meeting her reassures me. Raining. Back to T. Bahru by another taxi, I finished a page or so and went for a haircut.

I still need to have the Internet connection point changed from T. Bahru to Neil Road. And the small apartment is now just livable. I probably have to postpone to get a bookshelf (or two bookshelves) and a chair. Have to think about my old CD rack, which is surprisingly heavy, and five boxes of the accounting documents. I will not have enough time for the first two weeks of March. I don’t think I can finish all in the next few days.

No comments: