Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another Two Rounds and Tired

Another two rounds today. I thought about going out for shochu. I changed my mind while waiting for the 174 bus at the Eu Tong Sen Bus Terminal. Physically so tired. No profit-creating work yesterday and today. Last night I found a number of pubs along Kampong Bahru Road. It is interesting to know what sort of night it shows me. Tonight, I met another neighbor. Or first I met her visitor waiting at the main door when I arrived in my second round. “Excuse me?” I said to him, who is so-called Caucasian and seemed in his late 40’s. He replied, “Oh, she is coming.” And “she” was, I believe, a Chinese lady whose nationality I have no idea of, though when I said, “Just moved in,” what she said to me was, “That’s okay.” Strange conversation. I was not asking for her permission to stay in the house. I guess the family I greeted yesterday is from the mainland, considering the whole family crammed into a space that should not be so different from mine. It is also interesting to see what kind of people are staying in the same house.

*
My friend told me this afternoon that he attended a birthday party held for the father of one of his friends. The friend is half-Japanese half-Malay. His father is Japanese. At that moment, I was thinking about only one man. “Maybe you know him. His name is XXXXXX.” Aha, that was just what I guessed! I would rather not be connected with that man in any way.

No comments: