Wednesday, May 09, 2007

My Mind Is Kidding Me

Ahhh… My mind seems not very well arranged. I had a meeting with A tonight and together we went to the Somerset bus stop. I hopped on a 123. Looking up from a page of the Economist, I saw the lit sign of the British Council. I needed a moment to realize it was the wrong direction. I took the 123 bus countless times to go home from downtown. Never before have I made this mistake. Totally impatient, I took a taxi from the Gleneagles side. Extra and stupid expense.

On Monday morning (yes the day of the interview), I found my contact lens case open with lenses ashore, shrunken and completely dried up. How could I have so careless? No choice. I went to the interview wearing new lenses. It often happens the sight is blurry for some minutes after lenses got fit in. My left eye was still blurry during the interview. I realized only after the interview that maybe I should see if I was wearing it correctly, and went into the not so clean toilet at the BV station. I turned it “inside out” and voila! The sight became clear.

There has been another recent instance when I doubted the capacity of my mind. I can’t remember now what it was about. I’ve forgotten what I forgot. Isn’t it serious? A sign of ageing or a side effect of antidepressant?

No comments: