Sunday, May 06, 2007

I-Had-My-Hair-Cut-Short Day

Soka again. Countered by Zappa again.

*
I had my hair cut for tomorrow’s interview. I told him to cut 5cm but this is like 10cm shorter. Ok, lah. It should grow long soon. I thought I should be mentally prepared for the interview and tried to access the web page of the position again to read thorough the job description. I found it’s gone. What does it mean? It seems they’ve got an enough number of applicants.

*
Receiving e-mails on job openings in Nigeria a few times a week. Hmmm… absolutely suspicious. The famous Nigerian frauds? In 1993 when I was working (temporarily) at that completely unethical, greedy, out-of-date, provincial, unsophisticated company in Kyoto, a piece of paper came by fax to be translated. It was from the Yasaka Jinja (八坂神社). The shrine received a letter from an official-sounding Nigerian institution. “Shit, this is a fraud scheme” was what I thought. I had already read about those frauds, I believe, in The Economist.

No comments: