Saturday, April 07, 2007

"Instead" Shopping

HMV had none of the DVDs I’m interested in; “Tragedy in the Holy Land” (2001), “Rana’s Wedding” (2002) and “Gaza Strip” (2002). Instead, I bought “An Inconvenient Truth” of Al Gore, which I must see anyway. Nor does Kinokuniya have any of the three books I had in mind, all about Okinawa. I bought Greene’s “The Human Factor” and Styron’s “Sophie’s Choice.” I don’t want to think I spent unnecessarily on “instead” things. These are for my intellectual wellbeing.

I’m feeling so much better. One reason is certainly a phone call from an old friend, BC, I received yesterday. He asked me if I would take on a 40-page translation work. Yes! He told me that he had thought about passing it to ARN but turned to me, who he believes should be more reliable. Thank you, BC.

No comments: