Friday, December 27, 2019

Since Then


I haven’t written anything for so many weeks and the year is now going.



I don’t have enough work to make the company in profit these days, which is of course scary. In November, I had a small translation job about IOLs and a 3-day interpretation job for the same company about a training for sales trainers. And this month was better with two translation jobs for a Tokyo company affiliated with a German-based airline, 1-day interpretation for a Japanese TV producer and, in the following week in Tokyo, a 4-day interpretation job for medical-equipment engineers. I really enjoyed my stay in Tokyo, even with minor accidents (I got lost my way in Shimbashi as the trains and the Hahamatsucho platform were very crowded… Somehow, I managed to rejoin them after an hour or so).



And it’s been about penmanship, fountain pens and Kaiko Takeshi.  I got Rotring (not Montblanc) pens with five different nib sizes. And some dip pens too. And trying to see how it feels writing with them.



The book about Kaiko by Tanizawa was so powerful that my interest, limited to his reports about the Vietnam War until then, in Kaiko deepened. After this book by Tanizawa, I’ve read “輝ける闇, ” “青い月曜日,” ”夏の闇,” “破れた繭,” and ”夜と陽炎.


Two days ago, I started “日本三文オペラ,” which is a fascinating Osaka story, and “ロマネ・コンティ一九三五年”  is waiting now. I also have four books of “新八犬伝.” The DVD of the puppet drama was rather disappointing.

No comments: