Sunday, June 23, 2019

"Kokumin Nenkin" Paid by Credit Card

Last night (or the night before?), I checked my credit-card use for the past month and found a sum had been deducted for “KOKUMIN NENKIN.” Yes. when I returned to Japan last April, I applied for an auto payment by credit card. But I was told at the local “nenkin” office in Kyoto that this auto payment would start in October, if my application was approved. I have no idea as to which month this particular payment refers. The “nenkin” website does not reflect real-time payments. It takes them a month to update data. And the “nenkin” agency does not accept inquiries by e-mail because of the information leak incident that happened a few years ago, instead of improving their computer system. They seem to assume every Japanese living abroad has someone back there who can take care of “nenkin” matters. How inconvenient!

No comments: