Thursday, November 29, 2012

More about My Days in California



November 6 was the election day there. Very surprisingly to myself, I didn’t mention anything about it in my last blog, which, in a way, shows how much I have changed. I would have spent every minute in front of the TV set to follow the results. During a break of the following day, J and I talked some about the reelection of Obama, the Clinton and Bush years, and more generally about the political systems of the US and Japan. I believe that my political view is more evenhanded or more rational now, and this was forced by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and also because of the days I have spent in Singapore.

Also I should mention these: When I went to the front desk of the hotel for checking out, one of the two staff said, “I saw you the other day, with a 6-pack.” I remember a woman was showing a thumb-up to me when I was approaching the elevator. It must have been her. And the other person at the desk was pleased to see my classic Ray-Ban sunglasses.

No comments: