Tuesday, March 27, 2012

26% Rent Increase? Be Reasonable

This afternoon, a slip from the landlord noticed me of a 25.92592% increase of the rent. Crazy. A year ago, they wanted to raise it by 14.75409%, and we settled at an increase of 10.65573% after negotiations. Only for the past year, there have been three leaking cases of the cooling water from the air conditioner. The last time was just a few days ago. And another leaking case of the ceiling due to some work upstairs. If I had been outside, nobody would have found it. And the same work upstairs left a big mess here. Regular air-conditioner cleaning has stopped long ago. I have been unhappy with this unit almost since Day 1. Then why am I still staying here? I need the roof above my head, I hate a disrupting moving more than staying and I cherish my privacy. Even so, this place does not deserve a 26% rent increase. Definitely.

No comments: