Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Information Manipulation? and Hotel Europe + Hotel Van Dyke

I received e-mails from Japan today that said, “I saw you on TV.” It seems it is only today that the events were reported there. There might be an embargo till today. But I found an article or two that reported the events were held only on 15th. Information manipulation?

*
I finished Maugham’s Collected Short Storied Volume 4 last Sunday though feeling quite sick with continuous sneezing. I got curious about the hotels named “Europe” and “Van Dyke” which he mentions in some of his stories. The Grand Hotel de l'Europe used to be standing where the old Supreme Court building is while Hotel Van Dyke was located in the area which we now call Raffles City and CHIJMES, formerly the Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus. With no new book, I picked The Painted Veil for my next round of reading.

No comments: