Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11-11-11

On Friday, I arrived at Fullerton Hotel a few minutes past 13:00 and, after calling my contact person, went down to the ballroom floor. Then with her and a few others, I went up again to the ground floor and went into the restaurant to say “hello” to the actor who was having his lunch with his staff. In a T-shirt and sandals, he seemed a nice young chap. Then I reviewed some papers handed to me, and at 2:00 the press conference started. In half an hour, the conference was over and interviews by individual local media companies began. Nine interviews altogether… I with the Japanese TV crew was driven to another location, “nex” in the Upper Serangoon area, where an event with fans would be held. We waited quite a long time for his arrival. As a red carpet and premier event was scheduled to start at 20:30 at Cathay, people were worried if they might have to cancel his appearance at the meet-the-fans event. He and his own crew arrived just in time for a short interview with the MC and a prize presentation ceremony on the stage. The van that was carrying the Japanese TV crew and I arrived at Cathay before the one of his. After, say, 20 minutes, he appeared and walked down the red carpet at the end of which I joined him on the stage. After a short talk with another MC, we went to the VIP room for some rest and hurried to more short talks at four cinema halls. Then my work was over. Probably a success. Because I finished the day’s work at Cathay, I decided to have drink at CC. I walked to there. Soon after I started drinking, someone I know came in and I had small talk with him and a woman whom he claimed he had met for the first time in 18 years. After a few glasses, I found two young women, who used to be working at CC, drinking together. I joined them. Around 1:00 am, I received a call from the guy of the agency to which the actor belongs, who asked me about nightlife in this country. My interpretation work should have been a success.

No comments: