Saturday, April 03, 2010

This Is Gonna Be a Fabulous Film

Yesterday, I had an appointment with FC and EK at Holland Village about their film project that I first got to know last November and did my small part as an interpreter in January. (Ha… I started having beer at 3 pm.) I appreciate very deeply that they sought my opinion. I went through the voice recordings and I found that his speech was wonderful, actually so much better than I had expected. They could make it sound like a professional narrator did the job, better in a sense. But I told them that that would not be him. He is not the kind of person who expresses his emotions like fire, and those who have met him know how humbly he speaks. Yes, he keeps the fire to himself. Even with somewhat awkward a moment’s stops between words and phrases, it is him. I definitely believe that this film will awaken the Japanese public of my generation, and previous ones, and to make them rediscover those days and, of course, him, a man of great principles.

*
My new neighbors seem to have left their flat only after days, a funny place.

No comments: