Friday, April 09, 2010

Sinful Syntax

Right after “Musicophilia,” last night in bed I started “Sin and Syntax” by Constance Hale. I intended to read it leisurely, but into about 30 pages now I found this book funny and dead serious. Corporate PR people who spew out sentences that contain too much sugar should read this to realize what sort of garbage they are producing every day. And the book reassures me that I’m on the right track to try to follow what George Orwell said about writing. Thesauruses are useful but more often than not, I refer to one, it’s like, “Oh no, this is not the one I’m looking for.”

*
Ok, I decided to place one of the boards under the subwoofer and I did so. However this subwoofer is far lighter than I believed. I didn’t feel much gravitational force when I lifted it up. It was so light that I almost lifted myself up!

No comments: