Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Sudden Schedule Change and Viet Nam Books

The original schedule would have made me stay in Johor until tomorrow. But I returned to Singapore last Friday. It seems to me that someone booked me for the entire period during which those (or anybody) from Japan would stay in Johor not really knowing about the nature of work involved this week (no interpretation required). I had no choice but charge the cancellation fee for last Saturday. On Friday (March 1), I will work with two of them in Singapore and Monday next week, I will start working with a medical-equipment engineer from Japan for two weeks also in Singapore (until March 15).

This afternoon, I finished reading Lyndon Johnson’s War and immediately started No Peace, No Honor, both authored by Larry Berman, who is also the author of Perfect Spy. In total, I’ve read more than 50 books related to Viet Nam, including novels, history books and autobiographies. And more are coming.

No comments: