Sunday, July 16, 2017

Job in Tuas South and Tokyo + Musashi-Kokubunji



For five days (3rd-7th), I worked in a place which I would 
call the end of Singapore (Tuas South). Tough commuting. 
Back to this place after five years. Happy to see the 
machine again. Things went okay for the job. 
 
I took the SQ638 midnight flight and arrived at Narita at 
around 8AM on Monday for a 3-day interpretation job in 
Tokyo.
I had decided to go to Musashi-Kokubunji on the first day 
as I knew I would have plenty of free time.
I checked in the Sengakuji hotel first and started my trip 
to Nishi-Kokubunji.
Quite easy to go to Nishi-Kokubunji, but it was really 
tough to find the temple where Tatsumi-sensei is.
I began walking from the station, not very sure which way 
to go to the temple. I dropped by a small bank branch to 
ask the way. They misheard me. They needed some time to 
find the way, looking at many pages of the large area map, 
and gave me the way to the Kokubunji Hospital (!).
They spent some more time to find the Musashi-Kokubunji 
park, where the temple should reside.
Having Reached at the park (two parks, really), I found 
that it was vast and I would have to walk quite a distance 
to the temple. But I had only a rough idea about which way 
to go. After walking through the first park, I found the 
management office of the whole park, by this time drenched 
with sweat, and asked about the temple. They only showed me 
the map and didn’t know which way I should take. I 
continued to walk, trying to find the temple. Out of the 
second park (it was a small hill), I finally came to the 
Kokubunji Temple. Still not sure about the way to the grave 
of Tatsumi-sensei, I rang the bell of the temple. I was 
ushered to his grave.
Then, work. There were tough moments as I’d expected. But, 
I received commendation of “awesome,” “you are fantastic,” 
and “you did a wonderful job.” I appreciate every support 
I got for this job in Tokyo.
 
Shame on you, Maria Lessie Flores.

No comments: