Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Good/Bad News Day



Feeling a little better today. This morning, I received a
call from someone I worked with probably four years ago. He
still remembers me and asked me to work for his company
again! I’ve worked for his company more than a few times
and the one I still vividly remember is those days I spent
in Senai, Malaysia, with them. We had dinner together
everyday (that restaurant with a giant shrimp statue, and
that restaurant located “above the sea”), and at the end of
another dinner, after a closing speech by the leader of his
group, I made my own speech, maybe unwisely, to express my
deep appreciation for having given the opportunity to work
with all of them.
And the bad news today is that I missed phone calls from a
company looking for an interpreter for its event. We’ll have
a phone conference tomorrow, connecting two places in
Singapore and one in Tokyo. They want to test me, but
interpretation over the phone with no visual information
would be like working in a dark room. I guess that they’ve
had almost no experience of working with interpreters.
SHAME ON YOU, MARIA LESSIE FLORES. DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE
WANTED BY YOUR POLICE? I know you’re checking this blog.
I’ve also had accesses from Hong Kong.
 
Alcohol Intake Record:  
January 30 (Mon.)-31 (Tue.): white wine

No comments: