Friday, April 08, 2016

In Sentosa with Charlize


Last Monday (4th), I went to Sentosa to work for the Asia-Pacific premier event for “The Huntsman: Winter’s War,” prequel/sequel of “Snow White and the Huntsman.”
To prepare for the job the previous day, I watched the original work, “Snow White” and “The Huntsman” though I’m not sure if the latter was the complete version as the countdown screen appeared several times while I was watching it.
At Sentosa, I interviewed Charlize Theron, who played Queen Ravenna in both films. Because all of us, media people from the region, were told “no greeting, no shouting-out, no photo, no autograph” during interviews, I went into the interview room thinking that it would be strictly limited to questions. (I had thought I would be working as interpreter for an interviewer, which was not the case this time. We had to follow the protocol set by Universal.)
I sat on one of the two chairs and waited for Charlize to come out from behind and sit on the other.
She greeted me by saying “How are you?” Surprised (because of the no-greeting instruction), I managed to say, “Fine, thank you.” I asked her the prepared questions and she, looking at me straight, answered each with obvious sincerity.
At the end of it, she said, “Nice meeting you.” I couldn’t say anything, and what I managed to do was extend my hand to shake hers.

The condition of my left wrist has been so much better though I still do feel discomfort because I guess some parts are misplaced. I need to “crack” the wrist many times to put them in place. I cannot extend it fully because doing so gives me sharp pain.

No news on the criminal case for a week.

Alcohol intake record:
March 27 (Sun.) – 28 (Mon.): none
March 29 (Tue): a lot (beer, shochu and a glass of I.W. Harper)
March 30 (Wed.) – April 8 (Fri.): none

No comments: