Monday, November 02, 2015

Skin (Funny) and Mental (Terrible) Conditions



Last Friday, blood + urine test because of a funny skin trouble of my right index finger, which has been so red and ugly because of inflammation and infection since May or earlier, but without pain or itchiness. The result will be out perhaps on Wednesday. For this condition, I’ve seen four doctors at three clinics since late May. The finger has been resistant to a few different types of antibiotics.

The first doctor I met for this condition was kinda sarcastic about me and I didn’t like him. Then I tried a clinic in Bishan on August 28. The doctor gave me “Combiderm,” which then made the finger so red. I returned to the same clinic on September 10 and found a different doctor (a Dr. Goh), who told me to stop using “Combiderm” because, he said, it was making the condition worse, and gave me antibiotic tablets instead. As I found them not very effective, I went back to the clinic again. It was the doctor I had met when I went to the clinic for the first time. Looking at my finger, he said, “I saw you a few days ago.” No, it had been two weeks. After the consultation, he gave me “Combiderm” again… It seems that he does not share information with the other doctor. Nor does it seem he keep my record. He only writes down the medications he prescribes on a sheet of paper with my name handwritten and the name of the clinic printed on top (letterhead paper), and seems that he didn’t care about, or didn’t remember, what he or the other doctor had given me before. At the end of the consultation, he said, “If the condition does not improve, see ‘Dr. Goh.’” Enough of this Bishan clinic. All the same, I kept using the “POT” solution and “DHA Cream” the doctor gave me for two weeks, with no positive result.

On October 16, I tried yet another clinic, just across Upper Thomson Road. I showed the doctor all the medications I had been given by three doctors. She was far more sympathetic and listened to me more than any doctor I had met for this funny skin condition.
As a precaution of food allergy, she banned me to take any kind of seafood, red meat, eggs and nuts, though the possibility of food allergy is slim. She also gave me antibiotic and anti-inflammation tablets, which turned out to be ineffective.

I returned to the clinic a week later. She prescribed another type of antibiotics, “Levofoxacin” and anti-inflammation “Neuzym” and said “if these do not work, you may need a blood test” to find out what is really causing this funny condition.

As instructed, I finished “Levofoxacin” and “Neuzym” on Wednesday. The ugly condition was still there. I visited the clinic on the day (October 28) only to find the clinic was closed. I tried again on Thursday and a different doctor was on duty. So I decided to wait until the next day (last Friday).

The lawyer has been quiet for a week. There has been no reply to a few messages I sent to him on revisions for a “compromise” agreement.


I even suspect that my mental condition is making my body resistant to medications to heal the skin condition.

No comments: