Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Ministry's Negative Reply



I checked my visa renewal application status and it said “rejected.” The information given for this rejection says, in short, my salary is too low considering my qualification and work experience, therefore it’s unfair for Singaporeans who may be suitable for the same position. I must wonder how many Singaporeans are able to fill my position with the same level of ability.
I tried to make an appeal to the negative decision, but as it often happens with so many things about me, it didn’t go so smoothly. As I was trying to add some explanation and upload the document the Ministry requested, the message “System Error” appeared repeatedly on my PC screen. It took me an hour to submit my appeal. The last time I renewed my visa (three years ago), the Ministry asked me to provide the latest financial statements of the company probably because I was raising my monthly salary by S$300.00. This time, the same Ministry says my salary is too low. Appealing the decision, I increased it by S$400.00.
This coming weekend, I’ll leave for Tokyo again and stay there for three weeks. My hope is that it’ll be possible for me to deal with the Ministry, if it’s necessary, while there. Depressing day, certainly. I’ll keep appealing until the Ministry gives Yes to me.

No comments: