Monday, August 05, 2013

3D Puzzle to Me



Today I applied for the renewal of my EP which must be renewed by September 2. I don’t know how many days it takes for me to get a response, though the ministry says “80% of all online applications are processed within seven days.” Unfortunately unlike most people, 8th (Thursday) and 9th (Friday) are public holidays here, delaying the process. I truly hope that I can get my new card by August 16. The next day, I must leave for Tokyo. If I receive a notice of approval, assuming that my application will be approved, during my stay in Tokyo, it will cause trouble as they give me only two weeks after the notice to get the card. I’ll be back in Singapore only on September 7. I can still visit Kyoto after the work, but if I do, I would have a wasteful weekend. And I would have to fly back from Narita (it seemed I couldn’t change the departure/destination from Narita to Kansai). I could have submitted my application last week… Somehow, this renewal application and the sudden change of schedule (leaving for Tokyo on 17th not on 26th) didn’t link in my brain.
And the email from brother makes me feel that I should visit my hometown soon. I need to visit local government offices. I tried to arrange my schedule today so that I can visit there before my work starts in Tokyo. A problem is that I would have to take a Shinkansen round trip between Tokyo and Kyoto, and another problem is that I don’t know when I receive a response on my EP renewal from the ministry.
To me, this is already a complicated 3D puzzle. What I can do is forget about visiting Kyoto this time no matter how it troubles me emotionally and pray for an early EP renewal.

No comments: