Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Meeting with Lawyer and "+40" International Calls


Yes, I saw a layer yesterday. Saying that the content of the rent-increase notice was legally non-sense and the company is “cutting your throat,” he counselled me against a legal action against the company. He also said if we were to go deeper, we would have to find the real owner of the house as the company is acting only as the owner’s manager getting some percentages from the rent income. It was out of consideration for the time and cost to be involved in such an action. Accepting his opinion and with depleted energy, I notified the company to prepare a new tenancy contract for me to sign. My feeling was one of sheer exhaustion. When I mentioned that anything like this would not happen in my own country, the lawyer started talking about cultural differences. In this culture, there are crooks who try to cheat you and rip you off. There are those people who are unreasonable beyond my comprehension. Exhausted.
Today I started receiving many international calls and an SMS, all of which I am ignoring. The number starts with +40, which is of Romania. It is not the country code of Spain. The caller claims that it is the real estate company that is now holding the keys and the contract document in its custody. Fuck off.

No comments: