Monday, December 28, 2009

SingTel Reminder Enigma, Russian Language Class & Super Idiot

I found a reminder fro SingTel. Why?? It was about the same amount that had been withdrawn once by GIRO and, for some reason I have no idea about, paid back to the account in the following day. I called the number printed on the reminder to ask about it but nobody answered. I hate this kind of back-and-forth stuff! I just issued a cheque (take it!!) to SingTel.

*
And I enrolled in a Russian language class for beginners. I visited the address of the school but my mistake was not to be sure of the unit number. I trusted a directory in the building would do everything for me. However, as there was no listing of the school on the directory board, I decided to check each floor up to the 10th, starting with the third floor. Looking at the board, I surmised it shouldn’t be on the first or second floor. From the third floor, I went up one by one looking for it. No sign on any of the floors. But my intuition was that an office on the eighth might be the place where it was having classes. I thought so because the office had bright but rather empty. I had already gotten out of the building but I turned back to go up to the floor again. When I got out of the elevator, a blonde lady was coming. With no hesitation, I asked her if she knew a Russian language school on the floor, or on any other floor. She said “Go straight and it’s on the right side.” Bingo!! It was the office that I suspected.

*
The infamously fake interpreter (it’s YOU!) gave up, with her hands high up. This is disgraceful. I heard she shamefully said that the extra work that she had to provide because of her unimaginably poor performance at the ACC in November was beyond her capability. I somewhat expected this to happen, and I, who is supposed to check the quality of this extra work to be done by her, had to return it to her because it would be so terrible even look at. My wish is that she will never get involved in any kind of translation or interpretation work. According to the information I got, she wanted to find a translation company that would take up the job. If I were in her situation, I would never contact the client to ask such a stupid question. I would quietly search for anyone (but not me) who could do it. And I would submit the work to the client without saying who really did it. Her idiocy is far beyond my imagination. Do not show your face to me again, even by accident.

No comments: