Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Monday after Unhappy Friday

Such a big contrast between what I was forced to go through on Friday and what I enjoyed yesterday. Following Friday’s conference, I was picked up as the interpreter for three meetings for two movies. They were all for movie production. The production of one of the movies, the main topic, had been mentioned at the end of the keynote speech by the Chairman in the morning of the conference and subsequently reported by a few Japanese newspapers. The movie is going to be an epic in that it will be directed by a Japanese man and produced by a Japanese company but Singapore companies will be responsible for almost all other aspects of the production. The participants of the meetings were apparently quite satisfied with my contribution, which made me feel fulfilled of course.

*
亀井静香金融相の老いについて書いたけど、お疲れが見えるのは岡田克也外相だ。落ち武者の姿さえ想像させる。

No comments: