Sunday, August 02, 2009

Remembering Cory Aquino

Yesterday, the death of Cory Aquino was reported. The series of political events of which she was one of the main characters provided me an invaluable lesson of how international politics could work. Those charged days in Manila, with Imelda's singing, the sickly face of Ferdinand, and the rebellion of Ramos and Enrile, simply enthralled me. She definitely changed the face of the Philippines.

*
Also yesterday, I attended a small, but nice, reunion lunch party of my TESOl course. The party was planed as Bunsuk was visiting here from Korea. When I was leaving the house, I found a package in the mailbox. It was National Geographic Channel’s DVD, “Inside the Vietnam War.” It took only five days to arrive.

*
Also yesterday, the third anniversary of Mr. F’s passing away (to be exact, today). The gathering was not like that of last year, but we still remember you.

No comments: