Monday, August 17, 2009

Kieu Chinh, Actress of US Vietnamese Films

Grandma in “Journey from the Fall (Vuot Song)” looks very alike Mama-san in “Hamburger Hill.” No wonder. The same one actress, Kieu Chinh.

*
I brought my broken printer to the Yishun Service Centre. Taxi fare from here: S$23.20.

*
This morning’s dream was really weird. I, with some other people, got an assignment to create a drawing of a human face to every minuscule minute by looking at the real drawing of the face. Man or woman, I don’t remember. In addition, I was trying to draw a super-realistic drawing of a baseball field. The owner of the place, who had got acquainted with writers and artists of yesteryears, was harsh with me. She asked me if one of the names that appeared among the writers and artists was that of my mother’s. It was.

*
And the old workplace again: I was working with my old colleagues in Osaka as if nothing had happened. The company went broke some years ago. My mind was worse than ambivalent about being there. Why do they come back to me?

No comments: