Sunday, May 31, 2009

Review 2

Before going to bed, I ensured to set the alarm clock. Or so I believed. I was woken up by a phone call from a member of the team. When I managed to answer the call, I can say that I was not sure where I was, Singapore or Japan. And realizing I was in Japan, why? Almost one hour late for work, which was definitely embarrassing.

Otherwise, my second day of work went as smoothly as my first. After work, people took Instructor A and me to Tokyo Tower, which I described to Instructor A as a “cheap version of Eiffel Tower in Paris.” It was at dusk. Far away, we could see the top of the Mount Fuji. Surely a nice view. For dinner, I requested sushi-on-conveyor. Almost having got used to the taste of Singapore’s so-called sushi, it reminded me of how sushi, even the kind that moves on a conveyor, should taste like. Variety of fish and texture of rice. It was so yummy!!

On the third day, they started hands-on training that was comprised of examinations of the parts they had already learned on paper, and disassembling and reassembling the system. Then I could give some rest to my throat. “Yakiniku” dinner, which was also very nice!

On Thursday, they completed their reassembling and calibration work. In many senses, at this point, they had only a few things to do. The end of their training was near.

I was very glad and appreciative to see many people gathered for the “shabu-shabu” dinner of the night. One of them was a guy I had met and worked with in Singapore. A reunion.

*
昨日の夜、「National Geographic」チャンネルを見てた。オスヘビがメスヘビを飲み込もうとしてできず、あきらめる場面だった。日本語ではオスがあきらめて「立ち去った」と言っていた。ヘビがどうやって「立ち」去れるのだろう

No comments: