Tuesday, February 10, 2009

How To Devastate a Child

Recap of last Wednesday. Couldn’t sleep (after a six-pack). The dreadful dream of last night was coming back though I don’t know if that is the reason. In the dream, I was nervous but calm arranging the arrival of my mother’s siblings. They are coming for the last moment of her. She was shrunken to the size of a Chihuahua but still in an OK condition in spite of what the medical staffs were saying. I was also assisting her with the medication.

*
Orwell writes in “Such, Such Were the Joys” that “… I was in a world where it was not possible for me to be good.” That sort of feeling is rather devastating for a child. I myself would feel that I was surrounded by adult enemies, who would never find any good in me. They would only criticize me for whatever I did.

No comments: